Unilock announces its Paving the Future grant. The scholarship awards $5,000 to landscaping and landscape architecture students and helps cover their educational expenses, including tuition, books, housing, and transportation. Up to 27 scholarships will be awarded, the application deadline for eligible students is August 31, 2022.
Contribution to commemorate the 50thth Celebrating the anniversary of Ed Bryant’s founding, the Unilock Paving the Future grant demonstrates Unilock’s commitment to investing in the new generation of landscape design, architecture and construction managers. To be eligible, students must be in their final year of college, actively involved in their community, and demonstrate an ambition to be a thought leader in the landscaping industry of tomorrow.
“In 1972 Ed brought the Uni-Stone cobblestone to North America, establishing a path of passion, collaboration and innovation that not only built Unilock but ultimately pioneered the hardscape industry,” said Diane Williams, VP of Marketing, Unilock. “For 50 years we have been pioneering the future, growing our business through a focus on quality, a legacy of innovation and a commitment to investment. By continuing Ed’s vision of investing in our communities through contributions like the Unilock Paving the Future grant, we are helping to build and shape the hardscape industry with the professionals of today – and tomorrow.”
Applications, including an essay describing why the applicant is excited about a career in landscaping or landscape architecture and how they intend to make an active contribution to the wider industry, will be accepted between May 1st and August 31st, 2022 . Applicants can access the application online for landscaping or landscape architecture. Grantees will be notified on or about October 10, 2022.
Scholarship Eligibility and Evaluation
To be eligible, applicants must:
- You must be a permanent resident of the United States or Ontario, Canada
- Be enrolled in the final year of a full-time post-secondary undergraduate or graduate program in a landscaping or landscape architecture major
- Demonstrate academic excellence, maintain a minimum cumulative grade point average of B, and demonstrate a desire to pursue a career in their field of study
- Demonstrate leadership and an ongoing commitment to their community
“Looking back over the past five decades we have built relationships with manufacturers, distributors, architects, installers and sales teams; launched cutting-edge technologies and product solutions; and investing in our business, our communities and the hardscape industry. But we also recognize that the future begins with the next generation of professionals and leaders,” said Laura Panetta, director of contractor programs at Unilock. “We look forward to reviewing applications for the Unilock Paving the Future Scholarship and providing a glimpse of what to expect as we look to the next 50 years.”
For more information on the Unilock Paving the Future Scholarship please visit the following websites:
- For students in the fields of landscaping, landscape management, horticulture, landscaping, lawn management or related fields of study click here.
- For students of landscape architecture, landscape design or related fields of study, click here.