The candidate is required in August 2021.
We are looking for a landscape architect with at least 7 years of postgraduate work experience for our office. We need a creative, curious and motivated personality with a passion for idea-oriented work and work in a studio atmosphere. You must have strong conceptual and detailed design skills, including engineering drawings and contract management. We enjoy working with well-read, articulate, committed people who have the ability to organize their thoughts and work and to speak and write clearly in English.
You will work closely with the architecture and landscape architecture team and will be responsible for project management, design, research, creation of technical drawings, budget and schedule management, customer presentations and
To meet. Projects include public landscapes, public spaces and urban infrastructure, research and experimentation, exhibition work and bespoke private commissions.
• Proven excellence in design. Ability to quickly communicate design ideas and directions.
• Enthusiasm for landscape architecture, architecture and design.
• Strong project management and organizational skills. Ability to manage multiple, simultaneous projects in different stages of development.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively in a studio environment.
• 7+ years of professional experience in the postgraduate office, including coordination and participation in the design of large and medium-sized projects such as urban squares and parks, projects in public spaces and projects in nature reserves.
• Familiarity with urban landscape projects
• Knowledge of local tree and horticulture
• Proven technical skills in the creation of technical working drawings for hardscape and softscape elements (layout and site plans, material plans, planting plans, construction details)
• High graphic communication skills.
• High level of freehand and rendering skills and able to use 2D / 3D software including AutoCAD, Sketch up, PhotoShop, In-Design, Illustrator and PowerPoint. Knowledge of VECTORWORKS would be ideal.
• MLA or foreign equivalent
• Ability and interest in becoming a full OALA member
• Residing in Canada or being able to obtain a work permit for a period of more than 1 year
How to apply:
Please visit our website to ensure your design skills are compatible with our company before applying.
Send samples of your work along with your CV and cover letter to:
Email: [email protected]
Email title: LA Position June 2021-PLANT Application deadline: July 30, 2021
Attn: Mary Tremain
Please no phone calls.
Thank you in advance for your interest in this job posting. Ple
Take a look at your application history
Back to the job list …