Happy Friday, neighbors! Here’s what happens in Orange County today.
Are you a local business owner or marketer in Orange County? Our top notch local sponsorship will stop at the top of the inboxes in town every morning. Contact us here for the facts.
First the weather today:
Clear all day. High: 78, low: 59.
On Friday, your tide will be at 5.25 feet at 11:28 a.m. Low tide will be at 0.98 feet at 6:11 PM. Sunrise is at 6:41 am and sunset is at 6:45 pm
Saturday’s high tide will be at 4.92 feet at 11:54 a.m. Low tide will be at 1.31 feet at 7:01 p.m. Sunrise is at 6:42 am and sunset is at 6:43 pm
Here are the top stories in Orange County today:
- A former CHP official was charged with filing false time cards and claiming overtime that he never worked. He is currently being held in Santa Ana. (Orange County Patch)
- One person died in a fatal accident between an Orange County Transportation Authority bus and a car Santa Ana. (orangecountytribune.com)
- UC Irvine Assistant Professor Stacy Branham was named a “Brilliant 10” by Popular Science. (Orange County Patch).
- A woman from Buena Park had Orange Counties first case of the West Nile virus, the Orange County health department announced on Thursday. The woman was hospitalized in early September and is recovering in the hospital. (Orange County Patch).
- Orange CountyCOVID-19 hospital admissions have recently increased, although ICU stays fortunately remain lower than in previous months. (KFI AM 640).
Today’s Orange County Daily is Brought to you by our friends at Verizon. You are building the fastest 5G network in the country. To learn how 5G will change life for you and your community – and to get access to this amazing technology – click here. And thanks to Verizon for sponsoring this Orange County community resource!
Today in Orange County:
- Tanaka Farms Pumpkin Patch & Wagon Rides 2021: Irvine. (9 am)
- Identifying career opportunities in a pandemic. (9 am)
- (S) Autumn Sports Rally – Oxford Academy. (11:50 am)
- VAR Boys Water Polo Tournament Westminster (Events). (13 o’clock)
- APA (Walk for the Arts 2021) (events). (13 o’clock)
- NEA Big Read:! Planta una casa conmigo! at central. (3:30 p.m.)
- (S) JHS movie night – Oxford Academy. (3:30 p.m.)
Orange County Patch Notebook
- Orange County Sheriff’s Department, CA: “The #AlertOC emergency notification system was tested today. Got a call / SMS / email? Register or leave feedback on AlertOC.org.” (Facebook).
- German Shepherd Rescue from Orange County: “GSROC will do a ‘Race for the Rescues’ on October 16th and we would be delighted if you support us! Become part of our team or just donate and we can help save the lives of animals!” (Facebook).
- Orange County Fire Department: “Dramatic footage One of our captains sent us this footage from #WindyFire in Sequoia National Forest. (Facebook).
- OK parks: “This week’s #ThrowbackThursday takes us back to the installation of the distinctive signs at Laguna Coast Wilderness Park in 2009! The metal signs on the park’s staging areas depict various native animals.” (Instagram).
- Orange County Register: “Are you looking for something to do this weekend? While summer is officially over, the fun along the Orange County coast continues.” (Facebook).
From our sponsors – thank you for supporting local news!
Appearances & Services:
Other classified ads:
Okay, you’re all good for today. Up soon! If you love these newsletters, consider bringing some friends and neighbors with you. You can send them this link to subscribe.
– Miranda Ceja